To: Residents, Family & Friends, Employees, Visitors, and Suppliers
As BC enters Phase 3 of COVID-19 reopening, Legacy Senior Living is committed to following BC provincial guidelines and the best practices of health authorities such as Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, Health Minister Adrian Dix, the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC), Vancouver Coastal Health, and the Assisted Living Registry of BC, to protect and ensure the health and well-being of our residents, employees, suppliers, service providers, and their families. We will conduct ongoing evaluations of our protocols, and provide timely notifications to any changes as needed. Please see the following updates for detailed information on our current policies and practices.
Legacy is absolutely committed to the safety of all our residents and staff, and we are diligently monitoring the COVID-19 situation in BC and fluctuating case numbers as we make preparations for a second wave. Legacy is delighted to announce that residents and employees have received their final dose of the Covid-19 vaccination.
- Floor plans, photo tours and video walk-throughs are available upon request
- In-person suite tours are available to be booked. All visitors are subject to careful screening prior to any tour, in addition to a COVID-19 health and travel questionnaire and temperature check upon arrival. Preventive measures such as the usage of masks are required and will be provided.
- At this time, public walk-in visitors are still restricted from entering the building
- Ash Street Bistro is currently only open to resident family and guest visitations, hosted in designated areas on the heated outdoor patio or courtyard. Reservation is required 24 hours in advance. Tables are limited to residents and their family and friends. Additional set-up can be arranged for multiple visitors to maintain 6 feet of physical distancing but must be requested in advance. Visitors will be required to complete a COVID-19 health and travel questionnaire, a potential rapid test, and a temperature check.
- Essential visit policies are in place; please check with Amber (Assistant General Manager) or Rose (Wellness Nurse) at 604.240.8550
- Daily group exercise programs are modified to ensure social distancing, while residents still have access to the gym, numerous social activities, daily walks, scenic drives and hikes and other wellness programs, all with the staff’s full support for accommodation with sanitization procedures in place.
- iPads are available to be signed out to residents for virtual meetings with loved ones
- Our dining services continue to provide nutritious and delicious meals with dining tables arranged for social distancing.
- Floor stickers and numerous signs are posted throughout the residence with distancing reminders and hand washing and sanitization practices.
- The Salon and Spa are currently closed to the public and continue to serve the residents.
- All staff members are required to complete a COVID-19 health questionnaire declaring symptoms or travel, and must also take daily temperature checks.
- Dining room serving staff are required to wear face shields and/or masks and practice social distancing whenever possible, in addition to following rigorous sanitization measures.
- Employees who are sick or showing any symptoms of COVID-19 are not permitted to enter the building or work and are required to self-isolate for 14 days and/or be medically cleared before returning to work.
Read about life at Legacy for the past months from the perspective of current residents here:
For more information regarding provincial guidelines, please check here
Should you have any questions regarding Legacy Senior Living’s Health & Safety Protocols listed on this page, please refer your inquiries to any one of our Management Team listed below by calling our main number at 604.240.8550. Thank you.
Jason Wertman, Vice-President
Amber de Souza, Assistant General Manager