Join us for Navigating the Health Care System Workshop on April 3rd, 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm. Presented by the Council of Senior Citizens’ Organization of BC Health & Wellness Institute.
April 3rd – 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Workshop: Navigating the Health Care System
Presented by Council of Senior Citizens’ Organization of BC, Health & Wellness Institute
This workshop will review many of the available medical services and what you can expect from them.
Effective communication between the patient and the health care provider is emphasized.
– MSP (Medical Service Plan)
– Care Card
– Family Physician – College of Physicians and Surgeons
– Nurse Practitioners
– Visiting your doctor or nurse practitioner (Be Prepared)
– Community Health Units
– Chronic Disease Management
– Community Mental Health
– Walk-in Clinics
– Emergency Services 9-1-1
– Palliative Care
– Home Care
– Health Link 8-1-1
(More info to follow – check back soon)
Pre-registration required by April 1st to 604.240.8550.
Additional Resources for Seniors
There are three main provincial websites detailing programs and services for seniors’ health care.
- Financial assistance for Medical Services Plan coverage
- Financial assistance with the cost of prescription drugs and medical supplies through Fair PharmaCare
- Accessing health care services including assisted living, residential care and home & community care
- Specific health concerns such as cataracts, dementia and heart disease
- Advanced care planning
- Emergency preparedness
- Healthy lifestyle choices
- Protection from elder abuse and neglect
- Lifelong learning and community participation