One in three British Columbians over the age of 65 falls each year due to loss of balance. Join special guest Joyce Pinsker from the BC Balance & Dizziness Disorder Society (BADD) to learn more.
Balance & Dizziness Disorders
November 28th – 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm
With Special Guest Joyce Pinsker, from the BC Balance & Dizziness Disorder Society
Feeling Dizzy? Off-Balance?
Our balance system declines with advancing age – even though that’s when we need it most! One in three British Columbians over the age of 65 falls each year due to loss of balance. At this session you will learn about:
- Balance system basics
- Common causes and symptoms of balance and dizziness disorders
- How to find health professionals to diagnose and treat these disorders
- Services provided by the BC Balance and Dizziness Disorders Society
Your questions will be welcomed.
Presented by Joyce Pinsker, a volunteer with the BC Balance and Dizziness Disorders Society (BADD). Joyce has served on the BADD board for over five years and currently edits the Balance Sheet, the Society’s quarterly newsletter for members. Having worked as a public librarian for many years and having lost over a year of work due to a vestibular disorder, Joyce is passionate about BADD’s mission of supporting, inspiring and education those affected by these disorders.
The BC Balance and Dizziness Disorders Society (BADD) was incorporated as a not-for-profit society in British Columbia in 1999 and registered as a Canadian charitable organization in 2000. It was co-founded by Muriel Kauffman and Dr. Graham Bryce.
BADD’s mission is to support, inspire and educate those affected by balance and dizziness disorders
- Education:Increase awareness about balance and dizziness disorders
- Advocacy:Champion the needs and rights of people with balance and dizziness disorders
- Research:Promote improved diagnosis of and treatment for balance and dizziness disorders
- Support:Empower those affected by balance and dizziness disorders to live full lives
Pre-registration is required by November 26th to 604.240.8550. Open to senior adults 55+. No charge to attend.
Legacy also invites attendees to join us prior to the session at 2:00 pm to enjoy a tour of our amenities and enter your name in our monthly prize draw.