To: Residents, resident family and friends, employees, outside visitors and suppliers
As BC enters Phase 3 of COVID-19 reopening, Legacy Senior Living is committed to following provincial guidelines to protect and ensure the health and well-being of our residents, employees, suppliers, service providers, and their families. We will conduct ongoing evaluations of our protocols, and provide timely notifications to any changes as needed. Please see the following updates for detailed information on our current policies and practices. Current - July & August 2020
As BC enters Phase 3 of COVID-19 reopening, Legacy Senior Living has implemented the following policies with the expertise and guidance of the BC Ministry of Health, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and BC Health Minister Adrian Dix.
- Photo tours and floor plans are available here: (link)
- In-person tours are available to be booked, and visitors are subject to careful screening per a health and travel questionnaire and temperature check. Preventive measures such as the usage of masks are required and will be provided.
- At this time, public walk-in visitors are still restricted from entering the building
- Family visits must be booked 24 hours in advance and will be hosted at one of two tables on the patio. Plexi-glass barriers have been set up, and tables are limited to two to accommodate for physical distancing requirements. As well, visitors will be required to complete a health and travel questionnaire, and have a temperature check.
- Ash Street Bistro is open for family visits and meals; it will be hosted in designated areas on the patio and must be booked 24 hours in advance.
- Daily group exercise programs are modified to ensure social distancing, while residents still have access to the gym, numerous social activities, daily walks, and other wellness programs and the staff’s full support for accommodation.
- iPads are available to be signed out to residents for virtual meetings with loved ones
- Our dining services continue to provide nutritious and delicious meals with dining tables arranged for social distancing.
- Floor stickers and numerous signs are posted throughout the residence with distancing reminders and hand washing and sanitation practices.
- The Salon and Spa are currently closed to the public and continue to serve the residents with limited options; more services will return in late July.
- All staff members are required for daily temperature checks and a health questionnaire declaring symptoms or travel.
- Dining room serving staff are required to wear masks and practice social distancing whenever possible, in addition to following rigorous sanitation measures.
- Employees who have recently traveled or are sick are required to self-isolate for 14 days before returning to work.
In continuation with following guidelines set out by the BC Ministry of Health, BCCDC (BC Centre for Disease Control), and BCSLA (BC Seniors Living Association), we have enacted the following protocols at Legacy Senior Living, and will provide timely updates to provide the best service to our residents, staff, and visitors.
- Our no indoors public visitor policy remains in place as outlined by the BC Ministry of Health and BCSLA
- For in-person tour information, call 604.240.8550.
- Window visits are available, and we ask family visitors to remain outside in the courtyard, while residents remain inside the lounge, bistro, or their balcony.
- Ash Street Bistro is closed to the public and servicing residents of Legacy Senior Living
- The concierge team will continue to deliver packages to resident suites.
- IPads are available to residents for virtual meetings with loved ones via Skype, Zoom, Messenger, or other arrangements.
- Our health and wellness programs continue to provide a luxurious and comfortable living arrangement for residents, and exercise programs have been rearranged to accommodate for social distancing measures.
- The Salon and Spa are currently closed to the public and available to residents for limited services. All practices are in accordance with WorkSafeBC guidelines.
- There are floor stickers and numerous signs posted throughout the residence with distancing reminders and hand washing and sanitation practices
- Previous safety and prevention measure for staff are in place, and staff are required to complete a health and travel questionnaire, in addition to daily temperature checks
Main updates from March:
- In-person tours remain suspended for the time, and please direct inquiries to 604.240.8550.
- Staff are now required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves per the Vancouver Coast Health guidelines.
- Ash Street Bistro and the Spa & Salon remain closed to the public.
Given the rising global concern and recent announcements of diagnose cases of COVID-19 in British Columbia, Legacy Senior Living is committed to doing everything possible to protect the health and safety of our residents, employees, suppliers, service providers, and their families.
We are remaining vigilant in reassessing our health and safety protocols on a daily and weekly basis and are prepared to take swift measures to protect our employees and residents in our care. To this end, we have put the following safety protocols in place, and will provide timely updates to changes in our protocols and services.
- All outside visitors and family members are restricted from building access and visitation.
- In-person tours are temporarily suspended, and please call 604.240.8550. for more information. Our photo tour is available here: (link)
- Ash Street Bistro is closed to the public at this time
- Public outing events have been cancelled to minimize social contact exposure for our residents
- The Salon and Spa now services residents exclusively
- All staff members are required to have daily screening, and temperature checks.
- Employees who have recently travelled or are showing symptoms are required to self-isolate for 14 days before returning to work.
For more information regarding provincial guidelines, please check out: (link to provincial website-assisted living)
Should you have any questions regarding Legacy Senior Living’s Health & Safety Protocols listed on this page, please refer your inquiries to any one of our Management Team listed below by calling our main number at 604.240.8550. Thank you.
Jason Wertman, Vice-President
Amber de Souza, Assistant General Manager